Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

It's getting close to Mother's Day.So many thoughts and memories come to mind this time of year.
The fact I did not ever think I would be a mother but here I am,a mother. It has been a journey and is a new experience everyday that I would not trade for the world.
Of course I miss my own Mom and wish she were here.I know though that she is happy and healthy with God.
When you loose a parent you think to yourself at times when certain things happen in life..."I wish they could see this" and then you realize they probably can.If only you could  just see their expression or get that special hug that they were always so good at giving.Seeing their eyes light up when their grandchild does something cute and silly.Maybe an accomplishment you have achieved that you know they would be so proud of you and encourage you to keep going and not to give up.
One last thing Mom shared in writing a few weeks before she died, was a prayer for us kids to be assured  of God's promise to be our Deliverer and our Rock.We know He is.Thanks mom!
Happy Mother's Day!If you have a mom,enjoy and love her.If you don't,maybe you can enjoy this holiday with your kids and the fact that you are a mother.If neither applies,make the day special for someone who needs a blessing in their life.Who doesn't need a blessing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Who God Wants You To Be

So I turn 50 in a little over a month and I can not tell you how much I have thought to myself ,"Am I the person God wants me to be ...