Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Be Who God Wants You To Be

So I turn 50 in a little over a month and I can not tell you how much I have thought to myself ,"Am I the person God wants me to be ? The wife He wants me to be, the mother , the friend ?" 
 
I tend to be a people pleaser , some of you may be surprised by that ,lol .  But it is true ,I  think sometimes I become more consumed with what other's opinions of me are more than I am of God's. So much to the fact I will change who I am . I tend to be an outgoing , bubbly , and talkative person. I like to make people laugh if I can . But if I feel that if that bothers someone , I will become quiet and withdrawn and frankly scared to be me . 
 
To die to self does not mean changing who you are , it means putting away selfish things . 
Change and growing is important and we should do that for God , not for others . The changes we make for God makes me think of the examples of The Fruit of The Spirit ….  
Love, Joy ,Peace , Kindness , Goodness , Faithfulness , Gentleness , and Self Control . 
These are all things that I desire to have and exhibit.
They are not part always apart of our personality but part of being spirit filled .
 
God made us all different and unique .Some of us are talkative, bubbly and funny . Some of us are quiet , reserved , and have a dry sense of humor. Some are creative while some are more organized.
Appreciate the differences in others and love them where they are at . Don't hide who God intended you to be .Don't be what you think others want you to be but who God wants you to be. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. 
God knew what He was doing when He made you and you should never be made to feel less than.
I love you ,God loves you . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Who God Wants You To Be

So I turn 50 in a little over a month and I can not tell you how much I have thought to myself ,"Am I the person God wants me to be ...